International Simulation Football League
(S35) Offseason Task - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S35) Offseason Task (/showthread.php?tid=38869)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: (S35) Offseason Task - TeyonSchavari - 04-18-2022

OT pass

RE: (S35) Offseason Task - ValorX77 - 04-18-2022

Task 2 +10 TPE

RE: (S35) Offseason Task - PugWalrus - 04-18-2022

"Sim gonna sim" was a brutal problem for Austin all season. Throughout the entire year we had huge amounts of baffling decisions from the sim during games. From missed kicked from point blank range, to decisions not to go for it on 4th down while being down by 3 points with 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter. The sim was just brutal all season long.

A strange phenomenon that occurred for me throughout the season was the sim's results. I personally use the sim to help me with my weekly predictions. Typically running the sim 3 times each week and picking the winner of a best 2 out of 3 matchup between the two teams I'm picking. Usually this yielded me solid results. But towards the end of the season it absolutely flopped for me. Most of the year it got me a consistent 2 to 3 points every week, but towards the last couple weeks, most of the results went the complete opposite direction. One of the weeks I picked, I only scored 0.5 points. With only a single correct pick. That alone is just insane. If you're picking the winner of a best 2 out of 3 matchup, then you should gain decent results from it. It's infuriating that the sim can be so flawed and stupid that it can't even stay consistent in it's own algorithm.

During these last few weeks, Austin had two different "must win" matchups if we wanted to get into the playoffs. Week 15 against the San Jose Sabercats, and Week 16 against the New Orleans Secondline. These two matchups yielded great test results for us in the sim, winning as much as 18/20 times in a single testing batch. But when game time came around, we lost both matchups, and were subsequently eliminated from the playoffs on week 16 in a key "win and you're in" scenario. Whatever the sim's algorithm is, it's not consistent whatsoever. 

The game against the San Jose Sabercats in particular was an absolute mess. Our kicker had arbitrarily missed two separate field goals in key scenarios. One of them only being a 30-39 yarder, the other only being a 40-49 yarder. It was just a classic case of the sim wanting to completely smite us for no particular reason. 

Our offense was quite literally the best in the entire league by almost every metric throughout the entire year. We were 1st in points per game, 1st in passing yards per game, and 2nd overall in total yards per game. Our defense was spotty, but definitely not the worst in the league at all. 5th in points allowed, 4th in yards allowed, 2nd in rushing yards allowed, and 6th in passing yards allowed. So while not amazing, it should have absolutely been enough to make the playoffs while being carried by the best offense in the league. The sim's luck against us was super unlucky and baffling. 

Our passing defense had been spotty all year due to a lack of depth at the DB positions, but for whatever reason against the New Orleans Secondline, we allowed 5 passing touchdowns and almost 500 yards of offense. There always seemed to be an excuse for use to lose the game, no matter what we did. Put up a huge score? Defense gave up a bigger one. Drive down field all game? Kicker misses the field goals. Defense starts getting some solid turnovers and stopping the opposing offense? Our own offense sputters out and has 8 different 3-and-outs in a row 

Austin isn't much of a stranger to these kinds of baffling sim issues anyway, my rookie season was filled with plenty of similar issues as well.

PROMPT 4 TOTAL: 604 WORDS

RE: (S35) Offseason Task - slate - 04-18-2022

Code:
10. Write a short biography or story about your player. This could include background about how they came to the ISFL and how they’ve done so far, a story about their role in an exciting game, or anything else related to their experience in the league.

Leandre Diarra stood alone near midfield in the middle of Princeton Stadium. Many of his teammates, like him, were taking their time to celebrate their victory that clinched Columbia's place as Ivy League football champions for the first time in nearly 90 years. A group of defensive players were taking selfies in one end zone, while several of the team's star offensive players were talking to reporters around the sideline.

Leandre, though, took some time to himself to reflect on this moment. His young football career started just a few years ago when he came to the US for the first time as a Columbia freshman. Already there had been many times that the 21 year old was struck by how far he had come in such a short time. At the end of his senior year, having had to almost entirely relearn what he thought he knew about the sport after converting from dedicated running back to a hybrid fullback / tight end, having that effort rewarded with such a sweet accomplishment felt like the ultimate culmination of that journey.

Leandre had enjoyed his time playing football and was grateful it came to such a satisfying end tonight. He had already started to think about the big questions that might come next - returning to France or staying in the US? Finding a job within sports or looking elsewhere for a career? And many more - but tonight he planned to celebrate properly.

Leandre was interrupted from his reverie when he noticed a man walking purposefully in his direction. Looking behind him, Leandre was surprised to find there was no one else he might be walking towards - the man definitely wanted to talk to him of all people, the unremarkable foreign-born role player with barely 4 years of football experience. As he drew closer, Leandre noticed a logo on the fleece jacket the man wore in the cool December air - he recognized it as the logo of the Kansas City Coyotes, a DSFL team he had watched a few weeks ago at a Tuesday night team hangout.

"Mr. Diarra, it's a pleasure to meet you. Congratulations on the win, you played great tonight! My name is George Emmet, and I'm a scout for the Kansas City Coyotes. Do you mind taking a little time to chat about your plans for the DSFL draft?"

Leandre was taken aback, but intrigued. He had never considered continuing his football career past college, but he had a sense that his plans might be changing a lot soon...

Code:
421 words

Code:
27. What team do you think has the best branding in the league? What team do you think could use a refresh? Why?

Congratulations to the Ultimus champion Chicago Butchers, but the team badly needs new branding in my opinion. The name, in combination with the logo of a bloody meat cleaver held aloft, gives off big serial killer vibes, which is too far on the threatening side of brandings for my taste. Even otherwise menacing logos like the Outlaws, the Wraiths, or the Silverbacks give off much more of a "Don't mess with us, we're dangerous" vibe than the "We are going to literally kill you and your family" vibe I get from the Butchers. Even taking the name as it was likely intended as a reflection of the city's history as the US meatpacking capital, the main association people have with the Chicago meatpacking industry is Upton Sinclair's The Jungle, which does not paint this industry in a positive light, which further creates an unsavory vibe to the current branding by extension. I would much prefer if the team were rebranded to pay homage to another historically important aspect of the city of Chicago - trains! Rebrand as the Chicago Locomotives, you cowards.

Code:
182 words

Code:
30. Affliate PT from either SHL/PBE/WSBL. The Weeks must match with the timeframe of this UW. And you may only use a max of 1.

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S35) Offseason Task - Pizza-faith - 04-18-2022

Quote:27. What team do you think has the best branding in the league? What team do you think could use a refresh? Why?

Overall this was a tough decision that I thought was going to be an easy choice, with a quick glimpse I chose the Austin Copperheads. However, I fell in love with the simplicity and cleanliness of the London Royal and the Philadelphia Liberty. Austin has the most unique colors of the three and has a great logo with a lot of depth and layers to it. My best branding goes to the Austin Copperheads, the logo probably looks amazing on a helmet and I would probably buy a hat if it's made. 
I think the Portland Pythons could use a freshening up; it could be because of how beautiful I think the Copperheads logo is but the Pythons logo less intimidating and the brighter green makes it tough to pair with much. When I think of Portland I think of an artsy kind of place and the bright green and white don't shout much at all to me. Still, a way better logo than I could ever make but maybe experiment with some color swaps.   

#19 - TV show

[Image: Wg3kHfx.png]

20-
[Image: 2Ds2KrC.png]

[Image: Hgn90Hy.png]
[Image: SxDN7DI.png]

RE: (S35) Offseason Task - slothfacekilla - 04-18-2022

Code:
Tier 3: Written/Graphics Tasks (Each must be either 150+ words or a graphic)
Choose up to FOUR for 2.5 TPE each.

Code:
30. Affliate PT from either SHL/PBE/WSBL. The Weeks must match with the timeframe of this UW. And you may only use a max of 1.

PBE PT Affiliate Claim

Code:
19. If your player had a show starring them, what would the plot be?

Michelangelo would like to distance himself a bit from his McTurtle brothers just so that he doesn't get typecast into anything in his Hollywood career.  Mikey would want to star in a TV series where he was the lone star so that he could shine bright.  I think he could do almost any role that he wanted to due to his unreal charisma and athletic ability but maybe he could star in like a hospital drama or soap opera where he plays a hunky doctor and he has to save the day every episode.  I think that would be good for his brand and probably expand his fanbase a bit.  He could probably play like a surgeon and show off his hand eye coordination from football when he is doing surgery scenes.  He's an emotional guy so he could definitely cry on cue if the director wanted him to, he could definitely show a sensitive side that the public has not really seen from him before.

166 words

Code:
27. What team do you think has the best branding in the league? What team do you think could use a refresh? Why?

I'm guessing no one will read this but hopefully I don't offend the grader or something.  I will say that at the moment (my mind changes a lot) I will say that the Wraiths have the best branding in the ISFL.  I say this because I think their simple colors along with the distinct look/spooky feel is a homerun for a sim team.  You can do some fun effects on renders to really lean into the spooky Wraith aspect of the branding and I've seen some really cool signatures doing just that.  I think Yellowknife is kind of goofy as a location but the branding really makes up for it for me.  I think that the Copperheads could use a refresh of their branding down in Austin.  For some reason the snake just looks like a turd to me (which is a bit funny when we've had another logo that did the same in the DSFL) and I can't unsee it.  So that is probably more just a personal thing but I would change the look of the snake around to be less turd-like.  Just my thought.

188 words

Code:
25. Imagine your current position was not available to be picked when you created your player. What other position would you have picked, and why?

This one is actually pretty easy because when I created Mikey wasn't a running back, which is why his body render is as large as it is.  It fits with a turtle, but also he was a defensive tackle when I first created him.  I honestly just looked at what the Tijuana Luchadores needed and I thought that they would need a defensive tackle.  I wanted to play there in the DSFL so I created as a DT to hopefully go there.  I did, but then they ended up needing a running back and here I am as a running back today.  I do think it worked out for the best though.  I am not really obsessing with stats on this player but it is fun to see him zooming around on offense.  A defensive tackle probably wouldn't be as exciting to watch as a little dot on the screen.  But either way I ended up in Tijuana so I guess creating as a DT worked.

166 words

RE: (S35) Offseason Task - WildfireMicro - 04-18-2022

Task 30. 

PBE Affiliate PT

Task 17.

One thing that I think would be cool for a new Norfolk Seawolves stadium would be a retractable turf field. It would be able to be retracted to show off a purely concrete floor below, similar to the Arizona Cardinals Stadium. I think that would make hosting non-football related events way easier. Another thing I would love to see in the new Norfolk stadium would be a retractable glass roof that can be retracted in order to not get rain on the fans and players. Plus, it would give everyone a nice view of Norfolk during the game. Maybe also have a giant screen similar to AT&T stadium, though I don't think the team can afford the lots of money doing that would cost. 

Maybe also have a museum in the stadium that shows off the team history and has a gift shop with tons of both current and throwback merchandise. This would be a great way to keep the fandom of the team going.

Task 20.

My player Jack McPherson is a linebacker prospect currently playing for the Norfolk Seawolves that will be in the ISFL draft. In the few games we have seen him in, the Pass Rusher has 32 tackles and two forced fumbles and a sack and a pass deflection. His big breakout game is the victory against the Dallas Birddogs where he had eight tackles and a forced fumble and a sack. It took him a few games to break out though, and his low TPE during the season made him sometimes blend into the rest of the defense. His current TPE pending updates is 189 and he is getting his Tackle Stat all the way up to 65 and his speed will be 74.

His low Hands stat might be an issue at only 20, but since he is a Pass Rushsr he might not be put in coverage much anyways. Overall, he is an intriguing prospect that will need time to realize his full potential, but it is there. 

Task 27.

A few seasons ago, I did do this task for Ultimus Week. But I'd like to imagine my favorite brandings have changed, and currently I have fallen in love with the Chicago Butchers branding. I just think they might be the best looking red team overall with the sliver and black complimenting each other quite nicely. Plus, the hand grabbing the Butcher knife logo is iconic to me, and I think them finally winning the Ultimus means that someone can finally photoshop an Ultimus trophy in place of the knife on the logo. It just screams "tough football team" to me.

While I still believe the Orange County Otters logo could use a bit of an update, at least it is seemingly original. I just think that the San Jose Sabercats need a rebranding overall honestly. It's just a copy of a real life Arena football team, and honestly I am not a fan of copying real life teams for sim league branding. Still, I doubt they change that for a long time.

RE: (S35) Offseason Task - Charple - 04-18-2022

Tier 2: Short Form Tasks  (Each must be 300+ words)
7. This task is exclusive to non-recreate rookies of the S35 class and later. In 300 words or more, how has your experience been in the league? Who have you met that has made your time here more fun, friendly, and exciting? Have you been satisfied with your player’s early start? What was it like being drafted for the first time? Do you have any comments or suggestions for the entire league that you think should be implemented?

I joined this league as a first time sim-player exactly 2 weeks ago as of today, and the community could not have been more helpful and welcoming in this. Charles Chapman was picked up off waivers by the Bondi Beach Buccaneers and was quickly welcomed into his first game, resulting in a win. At the time I didn't really have a good gauge of the average performance of a new Defensive Tackle and admittedly I was disappointed that I only got one tackle compared to the rookie Linebackers who were racking up stats like nine tackles, a tackle for loss and a sack (nice job Johnny Delusional!). Fortunately for me the players of Bondi Beach Buccaneers were nothing but understanding and helpful when I asked them the best way to allocate my points and so far I have been making sure to bump up my speed over other things like Tackling, which is currently at 70, and Hands, which may not be fully necessary at the moment. As far as people who have stood out in helpfulness with the numerous questions, that would be Glims (Ganyu) the Bondi Beach Buccanneer GM (I think) and FirstFray, the GM of the Kansas City Coyotes who has spontaneously checked on me several times during my handful of weeks here offering help and getting to know me and my player. All documentation included in the Rookie Guide were also extremely helpful. As far as comments and suggestions of things to improve, unfortunately I know this is boring, but I really don't have any that I think would realistically improve anything. Any stumbles that I encountered were either quickly answered by the Rookie Helpers or various teammates/GMs, or were caused by myself not understanding or reading the laid-out instructions that were available.

I am looking forward to the draft and contributing the whatever team decides to pick me up.

Tier 3: Written/Graphics Tasks (Each must be either 150+ words or a graphic)
25. Imagine your current position was not available to be picked when you created your player. What other position would you have picked, and why?

Being in my first season, the reason I chose Defensive Tackle was to find the most unglorious and at need position possible, both so I had so any major screwups I perform, like bad stat allocations, weren't completely disastrous in a high visibility position like Quarterback or Wide Receiver,  and because then I would be filling a need that most teams might have. If Defensive Tackle wasn't available at the time of my character creations I would still go by these guidelines, while also trying to craft a player that would be interesting. With this in mind I would have to choose between Offensive Line or Defensive End, with a heavy leaning toward Offensive Line. The reasoning for the lean toward Offensive Line would mainly be beacuse of the Balanced Lineman archtype, allowing my player to be a very bland 'Master of None' kind of player that I always believe is suited for new people learning the systems of a league or organization. Defensive Ends' Archtypes seem to follow a specialized track, splitting between Run Stuffing, Speed  Rushing, or Power Rushing. Even though I don't think picking one of these would be detrimental to any learning a single person could have, it doesn't fit my normal process. So Charles Chapman would likely be a Balanced Lineman OL on creation, working to protect his Quarterback and open holes for his Runningbacks to the best of his abilities.

Newly joining the ISFL, the team that stuck out to me the most would be the New York Silverbacks mostly due to the use of the Art Deco in their logo. They are one of handful of teams that if I saw just the logo and omitted the city name, I could give a healthy guess as to where it would be located with how prevalent it has been for the New York Skyline. As far as rebranding, I will kind of cheat and call out the National Simulation Football Conference. Removing the Sarasota Sailfish, the NSFC has two very prominent colors, Red and Black. This is unfortunate because the locations of the cities (not names), excluding two which I will talk about here, had a very heavy influence on their choices as far as I can tell. The teams I want to give a pass for this would be the Baltimore Hawks whose city's flag are prominently Black and Yellow, Colorado Yeti's where Colorado's "C" which is prominent in the logos is Red and Yellow though the black is somewhat unnecessary, Philadelphia Liberty goes without saying with their inclusion of Red, and lastly Berlin Salamanders wanted to use Germany's logos as colors it seems. With that horrible run-off sentence over that would leave the Yellowknife Wraiths and the Chicago Butchers, mainly the Butchers. With the Yellowknife Wraiths, I think they could get away with adding more white to their designs, either in Logo or Uniform. For the Butchers, they seem somewhat out of place among the many animals and bell in their division, along with a general questioning of why they are the butchers and the relevance of that to Chicago. Along with that, it seems those from Chicago really love their Flag, containing the colors Sky (or pale) Blue, White, and Red (I know still Red), and the Butchers could consider some form of change over to better represent their beloved flag.

RE: (S35) Offseason Task - Baron1898 - 04-18-2022

5. The league has a rich and fascinating history, and our perspectives on it differ from person to person. In 600 words or more, describe any significant moment in ISFL or DSFL history, whether you were around for it or not. Describe the context, the significant members, and the events. What exactly made this event so famous (or infamous) and why does it deserve to be remembered? Events might include championship wins, the inducting of players to the hall of fame, or even a league scandal.

Who wants to hear about the first ever scandal in league history? No one? Oh well. I will continue my new tradition of churning out scandals for Ultimus Week Offseason Task TPE by covering the saga of Carmel Gibson.

Carmel Gibson was a tight end from the S2 Draft Class. His user, SexualEarwax, posted a grand total of seventeen times before going inactive. He never claimed any TPE. As an eighth-round pick in the draft, Gibson was not reasonably expected to be a league star on the Baltimore Hawks.

But Gibson’s rookie season was going rather well, at least comparative to tight ends of the time. Through eleven weeks of play, Gibson had caught 52 passes for 455 yards and reached the endzone five times. Player1, the user behind fellow tight end George Wright Jr., complemented Gibson during his article on tight end performances published in the morning of August 18, 2017. The most interesting part, however, was this comment he slipped in, which was so understated that it is easy to miss on a first read:

Quote:Despite never updating his player since creation, Carmel Gibson has 160 TPE. Interesting, perhaps scandalous, and certainly helps explain his production while inactive.

So was this the secret behind Gibson’s success? (yes) One user seemed to think so: 124715, better known as Numbers. He published an article only an hour after Player1’s discovery with some deep digging into Gibson’s past. It turned out that Gibson was currently operating at 160 TPE, 110 TPE more than he should have had. His faulty starting build had been initially noted by a member of the player approval team, but after he had stated that his first post was updated, his build got approved by then-head updater and soon-to-be scandal magnet Noble. Gibson’s faulty build, having been approved, was posted in an update thread; two weekends afterward, without any claims being posted to the thread, an updater approved him.

This article became a hotbed of discussion. This is the fifth-most replied to article in media history, beaten only by the Zamir confession and Baltimore GM drama in terms of league scandals. Given that this was the first ever punishment, there was a lot of discussion over what extent of punishment would be appropriate. There was no clear guilty party; Gibson’s faulty build should have been noticed and fixed before being approved, but there didn’t seem to be any malicious intent on behalf of the updating team. But was reverting Gibson to 50 TPE enough? The Hawks might have lost some of their eleven prior games if Gibson had not been on steroids. Many commenters wanted Baltimore to be punished in some capacity, even if they had not deliberately cheated. Others thought these sorts of suggestions were ludicrous.

The discussion dragged on and on aimlessly for quite some time. Mercifully, Head Office came down with their official punishment only hours later. Gibson was reverted to his rightful 50 TPE build and suspended for the remaining three games, while the Hawks themselves received no punishment because of a lack of malicious intent and no way to be sure that Gibson’s impact was indeed game-changing. This was generally received well, at least by punishment forum standards. But the damage had been done. Baltimore ended up in a three-way tie in their conference and won the first seed by tiebreakers. If Gibson had positively affected the outcome of even a single game for the Hawks when he was roided up, then the Hawks effectively stole their playoff berth and bumped the Colorado Yeti out. Then again, the Hawks ended up losing in the S2 Ultimus game to the notorious posse of ErMurazor multis better known as the Arizona Outlaws, so maybe the whole league was worth throwing out.

RE: (S35) Offseason Task - Twenty6 - 04-18-2022

300+ words; 5 TPE

Quote:7. This task is exclusive to non-recreate rookies of the S35 class and later. In 300 words or more, how has your experience been in the league? Who have you met that has made your time here more fun, friendly, and exciting? Have you been satisfied with your player’s early start? What was it like being drafted for the first time? Do you have any comments or suggestions for the entire league that you think should be implemented?

On the day I created my player, I was definitely overwhelmed.  The creation part was super fun, though.  Putting points in attributes is my favorite part of any character creation.  After I got my player approved and I got hit with the list of potential things to do, though, that's when things got frenetic for me.  I had a billion tabs open on my browser to try to figure out the best and proper way to make my Updates post.  Once I figured that out, the Rookie Guide slapped me in the face with more stuff to do.  Going through the guide, I kept thinking, "Man, am I going to have time to do all this?  This seems way more involved than what I expected.  Is this type of thing for me?"  I decided I was going to stick with it at least for a few days so I could make an informed decision.  I banged out 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6 of Rookie Part 1, and then finally sat back for a breather.  As I sit here typing this, I realize I could've taken my time and gradually completed everything, but as a first-time simmer noob, I wanted to try to get everything done so I wouldn't miss out on anything.

The next morning, Sebster DMed me on Discord informing me that the Royals had claimed me off waivers.  Little did I know that this one act would shape my outlook for this venture for the positive.  Seb was (still is) the lighthouse to my lost ship at sea.  I pelted the poor guy with so many questions, but he was gracious with his patience and help.  He was a major part in taking the "over" out of "overwhelmed."  The Royals' locker room was (still is) fantastic, too.  When I felt a question was too minor to bother Seb with, Maglubiyet, Gordon Bombay, and slate were there in the chat to further help me become whelmed.  Being with other rookies that were in the same boat as me kinda brought me out of my shell, too.  I hadn't planned to do the media task or the Wiki, but seeing others handle it led me to believe that I could do it, too; and I did!

I'm currently in the middle of the scouting season, and I've talked to a few GMs.  All the ones I've spoken to are super friendly.  painted is really similar to Seb.  I had one or two questions for him and he handled it with the same attention that Seb does.  With all the cool people I've met so far, I definitely want to stick around.  I'm really looking forward to a full season: draft, games, progress, everything!

As for suggestions, I think some guides/tutorials need to be reviewed so they can be updated with the most recent info.  My favorite subforum is "Which Archetype should I pick?" and I know some of the info is outdated because of the later tweaks to positions.  Also, the position swapping section of the Rookie guide has incorrect/ambiguous info (this was what painted helped me with).

[519 words]

150+ words; 2.5 TPE

Quote:25. Imagine your current position was not available to be picked when you created your player. What other position would you have picked, and why?

Safety is my favorite position in football, which is why I chose it as my first ever player.  Fortunately, I also like LB (specifically MLB) and TE, so if safety had not been available, I would have gone with Coverage LB next; and if that were not available, Possession TE.  I like safeties because they're typically the last line of defense and they have a Jack-of-all-trades nature.  I feel like Coverage LB is similar to that; they're like the all-around type of player but in the second level.  On the other side of the ball, I would've chosen Possession TE because they're like the all-around players on offense.  They can line up as a lineman, line up outside as a receiver, and even line up in the backfield as a fullback.  As you've probably picked up on the trend, I prefer positions/archetypes that aren't one-dimensional.  Having multiple roles brings more flavor to the position.

[154 words]

150+ words; 2.5 TPE

Quote:27. What team do you think has the best branding in the league? What team do you think could use a refresh? Why?

I can't choose a best.  So many of these logos are ridiculously good.  I'm just going to stick with the ISFL because that pool already has too many goodies.  The first one I was drawn to was the Wraiths.  Then when I learned their location of "Yellowknife," that made them sound even cooler.  Honolulu's field is amazing.  You would think the design would be too crowded with all that stuff on the field, but it kind of works.  Then there's the Taco Bell bell.  Who can resist the lure of that bell?  All the animal ones are just plain CLEAN.  The only one I would change is New Orleans Second Line.  The logo/banner is very well done, but the name is... meek, I guess?  The message and idea are cool, but I don't know whether it fits as a team name.  Like, week one you're going against specters!  Week two, deadly sneks!  Week three, we're playing... some randos in a parade?  I like the color scheme, but the name's gotta change.  (NOLA, please don't hate me)

[176 words]