International Simulation Football League
*From the Offices of Mouse and Wizard: A S41 Draft Prospect Analysis - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *From the Offices of Mouse and Wizard: A S41 Draft Prospect Analysis (/showthread.php?tid=44177)

*From the Offices of Mouse and Wizard: A S41 Draft Prospect Analysis - aeonsjenni - 03-15-2023

Hello everyone! This is the third article in our S41 draft prospect analysis, a collaboration between @aeonsjenni and @wizard_literal. This article will cover the S41 tight end and offensive line classes. You can see the introduction to this series, which explains some of our analysis and research, HERE. As it stands, other articles are being written in regards to the following position groups, and will link them as they are released:

Please enjoy!

Tight End
This draft’s tight end class isn’t quite as top-heavy as some of the other positions, but five of the six active users are earning well, and many of them are making great contributions to the league. What’s surprising about this tight ends class is that there were actually a great number of tight end prospects when the S41 class began to form, but the position is a victim of a number of players changing position, as well as a disproportionate number of tight ends never making an update page. Expect Berlin, Arizona, New Orleans, and New York to take the top tight ends, as they have needs at the position. New Orleans in particular has neither any ISFL tight ends nor any call-ups available so they will be with the greatest need.

Moderate-Earning
Otto the Orange-@Greenbaynathan-NOR
Vertical Threat
Re-create, Graphics, Big Bank, CTC
“I had Otto the Orange at first overall in my DSFL S41 joke all Tight End joke mock draft, but trust me I’m not joking this time around.  After the steep drop off in TE prospects in the S41 class Otto is number one on our list.  There’s a clear necessity for the position in the ISFL with only 9 Tight Ends over 400 TPE right now. I’m sure GMs have taken notice and will be fighting over this top prospect.  Positional need aside, Jeopardy Master Greenbaynathan is a tenured league veteran having a prior career for Cape Town at Linebacker. Norfolk to Cape Town is one of the more prominent pipelines on our list, so I’d be shocked if Otto doesn’t make a triumphant return.” - wizard_literal

“I agree with wizard_literal here, I actually think the Crash could see Otto the Orange as a great third round pick-up if they fall to them there, despite not having an especially pressing need at tight end. Whether or not Otto falls that far remains to be seen, however.” - Jenni

Nick Williams-@nickWilliams-LON
Possession TE
New-create, Graphics
“The first of our two standout new-create Tight Ends for the Royals.  Nick Williams has been having a quiet season as one of the best new-create Tight Ends in a previously loaded class. Through and through they’ve been a consistent TPE earner all season.  To add to the resume nickWilliams has put out some really nice graphics submissions to help boost the bank.” - wizard_literal

“I’m not going to lie: I am writing my blurbs out of order, so imagine that my blurb for Nick Williams is coming after my blurb for Max Honestly, and you may understand my thought process: Holy shit, there are two impressive Royals tight ends, each of whom make nice graphics and earn well. My hot take is that Arizona is guaranteed to draft one of them, and their choice will depend on their scouting conversations as most everything else is a toss-up.” - Jenni

Max Honesty-@"LeSizz"-LON
Possession TE
New-create, Graphics
“The 8-bit menace LeSizz will be throwing their hat in the ring this draft as a contender for the top Tight end prospect in S41.  The pixelated player renders LeSizz has been putting out are only out-classed by their player render “Greg Olsen with a Handle-bar Mustache”. To top it all off Lesizz seems to be an active vocal presence on Discord who would be a great addition to any team’s locker room.  Finally a quick self insert here.  LeSizz if you ever open up a signature shop I’ll be the first customer knocking at your door!” - wizard_literal

“I think teams value a good sense of aesthetics more highly than one might think, which is why LeSizz might go fairly early for their TPE, possibly even as high as the late second round. Conveniently, Arizona is shaping up to pick right around then, and the London-Arizona pipeline combined with the Outlaws’ need at tight end might make Max Honestly the highest-drafted tight end in the class.” - Jenni

Kenny Szymborski-@Hallmonitor_20-MIN
Vertical Threat
Re-create, Big Bank, Podcast, BAL, CTC
“Don’t let Hallmonitor_20’s association with @juniped discourage you, this re-crete Tight End hasn’t missed an Activity Check yet unlike the aforementioned Tijuana Panda @juniped who won’t update.  Kenny Szymborski’s TPE levels are only good enough for our Moderate-Earning category, but that seems to be a common trend for re-creates in this class, so I don’t personally see it as a negative.  A return to Cape Town is a safe bet for this user having prior history with the team.  As a final note @juniped please update, you promised me you would.” - wizard_literal

“I don’t have so much to add here so I’ll take a moment to observe that some teams may prefer a player that caps out around 500 TPE for some of the less premier positions such as tight end or offensive line, as they will be able to perform their function at their position while not taking up too much cap space. I believe Hallmonitor mentioned this in their podcast, so I think they may follow that need for Kenny Szymborski. Also, sorry to @juniped for pinging you four times in one article that's not even about you, the wizard made me do it.” - Jenni

Burnt Toast-@ToastCharger-BBB
Possession TE
Re-create, Podcast
“The award for best player name of the S41 Tight End class goes to user ToastCharger!  ToastCharger has a theme and they look to be sticking to it.  Their previous player Ivan Toastovich had a reasonable career before being hit with the dreaded regression tax, and  they’re already off to a good start this time around sitting at 172 TPE. Solid given the lack of depth in this position group. Between putting out podcasts for dollar bills, and completing point tasks, this Tight End is sure to be toasting opposing defenses for years to come.” - wizard_literal

“Burnt Toast was nearly placed in the minimum-earning group, but dropped a massive update to bring them way up into the moderate-earning group.” - Jenni

Low-Earning
William Barkley-@kinglord29-KCC
Vertical Threat
New-create, Inactive
“It looks like kinglord29 got off to a good start earning 30 TPE on top of their starting 50.  Unfortunately, we haven’t seen any activity in over a month now.” - wizard_literal

Pierce Hawthorne-@ianthebalance-DAL
Blocking TE
New-create
“As a Detroit Lions fan and Dan Campbell devotee, I gotta give props to Pierce Hawthrone for being the only Blocking Tight End in the positional group.  If ianthebalance can improve their TPE earning, I’m sure they’ll have a solid career on pancaking Defensive Lineman ahead of them.” - wizard_literal

“ianthebalance has been more tasks than their TPE would suggest, so if they can smooth out their update page they may punch above their tier as moderate earner.” - Jenni

Minimum-Earning
Donny Doofenshmirtz-@Krombopulos_Bill-KCC
Vertical Threat
New-create, Inactive
“I’ll give Krombopulos_Bill bonus points for a fun player name, but I’m immediately subtracting those points due to the inactive status.  The Wizard giveth and the Wizard taketh away.” - wizard_literal

Jeremy Hurst-@Lagwagon-DAL
Vertical Threat
New-create, Inactive
“At this point I’m starting to believe it’s not a coincidence that the word Inactive contains both exactly one T and one E.  This is the third inactive Tight End on our list, and at this point I’m running out of things to say.” - wizard_literal

Offensive Line
Like this draft’s tight end class, the offensive linemen this year don’t have any true heavy-hitters, but with a decent number of consistent earners, general managers will be able to find a decent lineman during the draft if they need it. Speaking of needs, Honolulu doesn’t have an available lineman, and San Jose, Chicago, Colorado, and Orange County all have only one lineman. I can imagine that many of the top available offensive linemen will go to those teams, but every team has room for more line talent.

Moderate-Earning
Justin Willis - @Cycro - DAL
Athletic Lineman
New-create
“Offensive Line isn’t a popular position, but it’s absolutely a needed one.  Justin Willis is the top dog in the short list of lineman in the S41 class.  Checking through the logs they’ve been doing a formidable job at consistently earning TPE.  The only thing that is keeping Willis from being a Max-Earner is not having tier-6 equipment.  Given the need at offensive line in the ISFL I’m sure teams would happily take a user as consistent as Cycro. To top it off they’ve even put out a few media pieces to help boost their bank.  I have Willis as a sleeper for a late 1st round or early 2nd round pick.” - wizard_literal

“Wow, hot take from the wizard here! But seriously, I missed this user in my initial scan for potential first-rounders, but clearly they have the TPE to keep up with the best of this season’s class, barring the aforementioned equipment. I don’t quite think a team is going to spend a first-round pick on a lineman but don’t be surprised if they spend a second!” - Jenni

Modest Mussorgsky - @Gragg9 - MIN
Balanced Lineman
Re-create, Big Bank, OCO
“I won’t repeat myself on the need for offensive lineman in the ISFL here.  The real question is whether Gragg9 has any preference on which team they return to as a re-create.  Upon review of Gragg9’s previous player CB Anton Bruckner, it looks like they had a storied career for the Otters until one day they ceased to exist.  Fortunately after Pondering my Orb I don’t see that happening again anytime in the near future for Modest Mussorgsky(great name by the way).” - wizard_literal

“Gragg9 showed consistent activity for the Otters, which will certainly increase their draft stock, possibly propelling them to the distinction of first OL taken.” - Jenni

Great Khali - @crazylemire - DAL
Mauler
Re-create, BER
“Up second on our list for Oline recreates is the Almighty and Great Khali!  Re-creates look to be a trend for the position in this class.  If I had to wager I’d guess Offensive Line in general is popular for recreates given you don’t have to max-earn to secure a starting spot on an ISFL roster.  Looks like their past player Tony Demonson was a solid earner, and I have no reason to believe this one won’t be either.  Just be careful not to do anything that would put you on crazylemire’s shit list.” - wizard_literal

“A long time ago, crazylemire made a post requesting to be signed by a winning team with playoff aspirations, so this user may prefer to be picked up in the later half of a round. Chicago needs a lineman, right?” - Jenni

Trent Silverback - @Kunra99 - POR
Athletic Lineman
New-create
“While Kunra99 doesn’t have a huge bank they’ve been persistently completing weekly point tasks and managing their rookie contract income for weekly training’s.  Those are both good signs of a player who has the potential for a long career.  Perhaps this Silverback could be playing in New York next season?” - wizard_literal

“The team needs say this user goes to Colorado, the pipeline says this user goes to Austin, and the player name says this user goes to New York. I’m lost.” - Jenni

Low-Earning
Beeg Beeg Yoshi, Jr. - @"Beegbeegyoshi" - LON
Mauler
Re-create, Big Bank, CTC
“Certified legend beegbeegyoshi is back after a long and storied career that concluded with a Pro-bowl season in Cape Town for their previous player Beeg Beeg Yoshi Sr. The child of Beeg Beeg Yoshi Sr, Beeg Beeg Yoshi Jr, should be making a beeg beeg debut in the ISFL sooner than later.  User beegbeegyoshi has the bankroll that can keep Beeg Beeg Yoshi Jr earning for seasons to come just like Beeg Beeg Yoshi Sr.  Beeg Beeg Yoshi Jr has some beeg beeg shoes to fill, but I have beeg beeg hopes for this Beeg Beeg Yoshi.” - wizard_literal

“Beeg beeg beeg beeg beeg beeg this name makes me incapable of reading beeg beeg beeg beeg beeg all I see is beeg beeg beeg beeg how do I analyze beeg beeg beeg beeg my eyes hurt beeg beeg beeg” - beeg beeg Jenni

Bubba Chubb - @packplaya - KCC
Athletic Lineman
New-create
“Don’t let Bubba Chubb’s update page deceive you.  This user is still very much active in the league having completed every Activity Check this season and most of their prediction point tasks.” - wizard_literal

“Little does the wizard know but I have acquired my own orb to ponder, and it says Bubba Chubb is going directly to San Jose. Why? Because packplaya responded to an activity check with “Himmy G”, meaning this user clearly wants to play in the Bay Area. San Jose has a need so it's a match made in heaven.” - Jenni

Minimum-Earning
Junior Peabody - @ThomWit - DAL
Athletic Lineman
New-create, Inactive
“Last on our list for offensive lineman, Junior Peabody’s inactive status is about all we have to say on this one.  At least the oline group in S41 only has one inactive unlike a certain other position.  I’m looking at you Tight Ends.” - wizard_literal

Code:
Please award this article 50/50 for aeonsjenni and wizard_literal

RE: From the Offices of Mouse and Wizard: A S41 Draft Prospect Analysis - wizard_literal - 03-15-2023

first

RE: From the Offices of Mouse and Wizard: A S41 Draft Prospect Analysis - CROney3 - 03-15-2023

Amazing as always!

Beegbeegbeeg

RE: *From the Offices of Mouse and Wizard: A S41 Draft Prospect Analysis - yosh - 03-19-2023

im beeg beeg yoshi and i approve of this message

RE: *From the Offices of Mouse and Wizard: A S41 Draft Prospect Analysis - wizard_literal - 03-19-2023

(03-19-2023, 10:27 PM)Beegbeegyoshi Wrote: im beeg beeg yoshi and i approve of this message

Beeg thanks!