International Simulation Football League
*From the Offices of Mouse and Wizard: A S41 Draft Prospect Analysis - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *From the Offices of Mouse and Wizard: A S41 Draft Prospect Analysis (/showthread.php?tid=44220)

*From the Offices of Mouse and Wizard: A S41 Draft Prospect Analysis - aeonsjenni - 03-17-2023

Hello everyone! This is the fourth article in our S41 draft prospect analysis, a collaboration between @aeonsjenni and @wizard_literal. This article will cover the S41 defensive line class. You can see the introduction to this series, which explains some of our analysis and research, HERE. As it stands, other articles are being written in regards to the following position groups, and we will link them as they are released:

This article is the first to cover our spectacular defensive rookie class, which is almost entirely comprised of plenty of impressive new users. Please enjoy!

Defensive Line
Defensive Backs and Wide Receivers are the only other groups in this class that can hold weight against these defensive heavies.  Combining Defensive Tackles and Ends, we have in total of 19 prospects to get through in this article.  There are a few clear standouts, but what really makes the DLine position group special for S41 is the sheer depth of solid players. The average TPE of our 19 Defensive Linemen sits at 135 with six of those players standing at 180 TPE or more.  ISFL GMs must be enthusiastic considering DLine is typically one of the more under-represented positions in the league.

At current there is a number disparity between Dline and Linebackers for S41 which is in opposition to what we see in the ISFL.  For reference the ISFL currently houses 51 Linebackers as opposed to 48 Defensive Tackles+Ends. In this class alone there are 14 Linebackers to coincide with 19 Defensive Lineman. So while the league has traditionally favored a 3-4 defensive scheme, I wouldn’t be shocked if this S41 marks a league shift towards 4-3 schemes in a few seasons. That should be enough preamble, let’s get onto the breakdowns!

Defensive Tackles
Maximum-Earning
Jumbo Edward-@furiousPanda-POR
Interior Rusher
Re-create, Media, SAR, SJS, NOLA
“Jumbo Edward is a trade deadline re-create who has been at the top of the class in TPE earnings all season. The user furiousPanda is a long-time user making their third player. Both of their previous players were high earners who cracked 1,000 TPE, so this user’s history certainly warrants a first-round draft pick. In terms of league contributions, I’m a big fan of the recurring article “Who to copy?” (or some variation thereof), which details which users are finding the most success in their weekly predictions. The most recent iteration was certainly illuminating to me and I found it to be a great help.” - Jenni

“Easily the top Panda in this class, and one of my favorite recreates I’ve had the honor of talking to in this class.  I fully expect Jumbo Edward to be a name we’re talking about for the HoF in a few years from now.” - wizard_literal

Billy Jor-El-@LtHudz-MIN
All-Purpose
New-create, Media, Big Bank, Graphics
“LtHudz is a new user who has certainly impressed as a versatile user, making both media and a few graphics. Most notably they produced An ode to the greatest draft that barely was, which is a very funny poem about the Event that was the S40 DSFL draft. They also wrote a well-researched S40 DSFL mock draft, and as far as I can tell they are active on discord. There’s nothing stopping Billy Jor-El from being drafted in the first round.” - Jenni

“First of all, if you skipped over the media link Jenni posted above, take a second to stop reading this and go back.  LtHudz is a name I’m always excited to see in the DSFL Discord on game day! 10/10 user would talk to them again anytime.  They’ve got all it takes to be a stud Defensive Tackle at the next level.” - wizard_literal

Dub Redd-@wizard_literal-TIJ
Interior Rusher
New-create, Media, Big Bank, League Job
“My opinion of wizard_literal should be made clear by my decision to reach out to him. I am greatly impressed with the quality of every article he has made and think he is responsible for the most complete S40 DSFL mock draft, out of many contenders. His media has a great sense of humor, which I think GMs will appreciate. The only thing stopping this user from being a clear first-round pick is the overall strength at the top of the Defensive Tackle class.” - Jenni

“Well I’m not going to talk about myself, so instead I’ll take this opportunity to shout out to all of my Tijuana mentors.  I wouldn’t be here without you. @Jaywe88, @PBS, @Kotasa, and to a number of other Tijuana legends on a list that’s too long to remember, thank you for an amazing rookie season.” - wizard_literal

Moderate-Earning
Jason Steele-@FireworkFuse-KCC
All-Purpose
New-create, Podcast
“FireworkFuse has recently turned up the earning to put them close to the top of the defensive tackle class in TPE. They’ve also produced a podcast alongside @BrontBront, but unfortunately I cannot listen to it!” - Jenni

“Jason Steel’s player render is Bruce Wayne, but they’ve got a long way to go if they want to live up to that billionaire status like cornerstones of the league @dude_man and @infinitempg.  Regardless from what FireworkFuse has shown so far, I’ve got all the faith they have what it takes.” - wizard_literal

Damarcus Cole-@Hordle-POR
Interior Rusher
Re-create, Big Bank, NYS
“Hordle was a tiny bit late to the S41 party as a waiver pickup, but has earned remarkably well since then. Their previous player Swantavius Torch capped out at only 360 TPE, but for Damarcus Cole they’ve already put themselves on the path to surpass that number in no time.” - Jenni

“A late name to the long list of Defensive Tackles, Hordle has been marking off Quarterback names all season with 7 sacks leading all DSFL Defensive Tackles. With a lengthy history in the league going back to S26, I’m sure this recreate will be a standout in the vast ocean of the S41 class.  Don’t expect them to go to OCO though, it looks like @slate bullied their previous player into retirement.” - wizard_literal

Øffé Pànic-@InternationalHouse-KCC
Interior Rusher
New-create
“InternationalHouse was certainly shaping up to be an active and impressive new user in the early days of the S41 class, but went on vacation and has been mostly off-radar since then. Hopefully they can come back into the fold soon enough!” - Jenni

“Hey we could all take a note from InternationalHouse and take a vacation every now and then!  Jenni and I are 12,453 words into this article at this point, so I might just have to do that myself when it’s all said and done.” - wizard_literal

Scruffy The Janitor-@pazuzu-BBB
All Purpose
Re-create, COL
“Scruffy The Janitor, one of the most senior users available in the draft, having created their first player all the way back in S9. They were particularly high-earning for their S18 player, who earned over 1,000 TPE as a wide receiver. This time around they are doing predictions and updating well enough that they should warrant a solid mid-round pick.” - Jenni

“Pazuzu has a theme and they’re sticking to it!  This is their fourth player, each of which has stuck to a Futurama character name.  That sort of dedication is something to be admired.  By the TPE numbers they’re clearly dedicated to being a top earner as well!” - wizard_literal

Atlas Kirkby-@Acsolap-POR
Interior Rusher
Re-create, ARI, COL
“Ascolap technically hasn’t updated after their first update, and is sitting at 80 TPE at the moment. They have been doing all of their predictions, a few activity checks, and a point task, though, so hopefully they will make sure to cash in on those soon enough. Atlas Kirkby is the third Kirkby to play in the ISFL, with the two previous iterations playing for Arizona and Colorado—maybe one of those teams will look to bring this user back.” - Jenni

“Like Jenni said, the lack of updates stand out here.  But who am I to question the methods of a 3 time Ultimus and 2 time Ultimini champ like Ascolap?” - wizard_literal

Low-Earning
Luca Rossi-@cove-LON
Interior Rusher
New-create, Inactive
“The new user cove was active for about ten days in early February before disappearing. Hopefully we can see them return soon!” - Jenni

Nwoye Musa-@PonchoC-NOR
All Purpose
New-create
“PonchoC just barely makes the cutoff to be considered an active user, having last recorded activity a little under two weeks ago. If they are coming back they will want to fix their update page!” - Jenni

Defensive Ends
Maximum-Earning
Bruce White-@toofpete-POR
Speed Rusher
New-create, Podcast, Big Bank
“Bruce White the player has done enough on the field to be at the front of the pack for DSFL Defensive Rookie of the Year honors, which is propelled by toofpete’s fantastic earning. Most notably, toofpete is half of what is probably the most well-run podcast from any draft prospect, but he has also put out a few articles which have been great reads. I personally think Bruce’s talents would be well-suited to the Otters of Orange County, who may be drafting early in the first round, but he may also think he’s a contender for first overall.” - Jenni

“Toofpete is undoubtedly the better half of the Pumpin Hands podcast duo, solely on the basis that he’s not a Norfolk Seawolf.  Defensive Line is already a coveted position at the next level, and the tangibles & intangibles of a player like Bruce White simply cannot be ignored.  An easy favorite for Defensive Rookie of the Year, Jenni is right on point with her prediction for first overall.” - wizard_literal

Logjammed McBobface-@marccelaat-TIJ
Speed Rusher
New-create, Media, Graphics
“Logjammed McBobface is the second defensive end on our list, and will probably be drafted a bit after Bruce White, likely due to a substantially smaller bank. marccelaat recently made a graphic which has not yet been graded, and may make more in the future, which will hopefully alleviate that concern for GMs. Additionally, this user is very active on Discord, and has made some admittedly low-effort but nevertheless enjoyable media. I think this player will not fall past the second round.” - Jenni

“The Tijuana Trash Panda himself!  Marccelaat was a bit late out of the gate on earning TPE which caused him to drop to the 5th round, but the Tijuana GMs obviously saw what we’ve all come to know by now.  This Racoon is the certified real deal and has been a key part of the Tijuana locker room all season.  I’m going to miss screaming LOG JAMMED in the locker room during gameday if we don’t reunite in the ISFL, but we all have to say goodbye eventually.” - wizard_literal

Rolund Onyxgut-@crash1005-BBB
Power Rusher
New-create, Media
“Fellow Buccaneer Rolund Onyxgut just recently purchased a Belt of Greater Tackling, otherwise known as tier 6 equipment, bumping him up to being listed as a max-earner as a result. crash1005 has been a very friendly and active face in the Buccaneers locker room, and has a fun character concept to boot. The only thing to potentially dock them for is a fairly limited bank, but otherwise Rolund Onyxgut should be considered as a top defensive line prospect. Additionally, I’d be happy to award crash with 1,000,000 draft points if he can come to appreciate the arrival of Jimmy to the Raiders. Failure to appreciate Jimmy would sadly result in a 1,000,000 point detriment, however, certainly landing Rolund on numerous do-not-draft lists.” - Jenni

“Thematically the best player in the S41 class, Roland Onygut is the Dwarf Defensive End that makes opposing Offensive Lineman look like little ninny Elves. Don’t mess with the best laddie!  Look no further the (offensive)line stops here when you’re up against Rolund Onyxgut!  Wait actually please keep looking further we’re not done with the article yet.” - wizard_literal

Moderate-Earning
Lukas Van Ness-@Ajax-KCC
Power Rusher
New-create, Graphics
“Ajax was a late joiner but significantly accelerated in earning to become what was likely a great prospect on the radars of many teams. In addition to being an active user on Discord, he was responsible for the logo in this year's pitch for a San Francisco Ultimus, and made some media as well. Unfortunately life events have forced him to step back from the league for some time, but I look forward to his return.” - Jenni

“Sack master Ajax!  It was super disappointing to hear Ajax had to step away from the league due to personal reasons.  I also want to apologize for missing them in the initial post, we thought they had retired!  Hopefully they can come back someday and continue their VanCast article series.” wizard_literal

Faust Leercor-@Kaliodyme-MIN
Power Rusher
New-create
“Shortly after joining the league, Kaliodyme put out a presser detailing an interesting player backstory, but hasn’t added anything since then. They have been doing all of their predictions and activity checks, however, so expect Faust Leercor to be drafted in the 3rd or 4th round.” - Jenni

“Faust Leercor’s player likeness is that of a Sumo Wrestler.  You couldn’t pick a more perfect render for a Power Rusher Defensive End in my opinion” - wizard_literal

Low-Earning
Frederick Carlson-@Pfluginator5-MIN
Speed Rusher
New-create
“I wish there was more to say about Pfluginator5, but unfortunately they leave me little to work with, having not posted any media or graphics. What I can say is that they seem to be content to simply claim an activity check and a weekly training, and nothing else. That kind of consistently may be enough to attract GMs who see the potential to get them to at least claim some easy prediction TPE as well.” - Jenni

Samuel Nelson-@DeathBed11-LON
Interior Rusher
New-create, Graphics
“I’m a big fan of this user’s sig, which has “bulletin board material” behind their player, who is wearing a Royals uniform. I’m happy to oblige and give this user more bulletin board material. Sixth Round Pick.” - Jenni

“I’ll add to the bulletin board material.  Late Sixth Round Pick.” - wizard_literal

Minimum-Earning
John Smith-@JSmithFallen-DAL
Speed Rusher
New-create, Inactive
“John Smith was a waiver wire pickup for the Birddogs, who hasn’t shown any significant activity since making their update page, so I’m going to tentatively list them as inactive.” - Jenni

Billy Snow-@SpongebobDealer-LON
Speed Rusher
New-create, Inactive
“This is the Platonic Ideal of the inactive ISFL draftee. 4 posts. 2 threads. 57 TPE. Nothing else.” - Jenni

Code:
Please award this article 50/50 for aeonsjenni and wizard_literal

RE: From the Offices of Mouse and Wizard: A S41 Draft Prospect Analysis - furiousPanda - 03-18-2023

(03-17-2023, 04:02 PM)aeonsjenni Wrote: Re-create, Media, SAR, NOLA

SAR SJS NOLA

Also - can't wait to take 1OA.

Love this series!

RE: From the Offices of Mouse and Wizard: A S41 Draft Prospect Analysis - wizard_literal - 03-18-2023

(03-18-2023, 07:30 AM)furiousPanda Wrote:

SAR SJS NOLA

Love this series!

Thanks from one DT to another!  Shame we didn't make the SJS connection during our research. After that blunder we might just cancel the last two articles that are definitely NOT coming out today. I'll update the our sheet with your teams.

RE: From the Offices of Mouse and Wizard: A S41 Draft Prospect Analysis - aeonsjenni - 03-18-2023

SAR SJS NOLA

Love this series!

Thanks for the correction! I've edited the page accordingly. Unfortunately due to the number of prospects our method of checking for a past team connection was fairly quick and dirty, so we definitely appreciate any additions.

RE: From the Offices of Mouse and Wizard: A S41 Draft Prospect Analysis - slate - 03-18-2023

SAR SJS NOLA

Love this series!

SAR SAR SAR SAR SAR SAR

RE: From the Offices of Mouse and Wizard: A S41 Draft Prospect Analysis - Jaywe88 - 03-20-2023

Look at this defensive write up (eyesEmoji)