International Simulation Football League
*From the Offices of Mouse and Wizard: A S41 Draft Prospect Analysis - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *From the Offices of Mouse and Wizard: A S41 Draft Prospect Analysis (/showthread.php?tid=44230)

*From the Offices of Mouse and Wizard: A S41 Draft Prospect Analysis - aeonsjenni - 03-18-2023

Hello everyone! This is the fifth article in our S41 draft prospect analysis, a collaboration between @aeonsjenni and @wizard_literal. This article will cover the S41 linebacker class. You can see the introduction to this series, which explains some of our analysis and research, HERE. As it stands, other articles are being written in regards to the following position groups, and we will link them as they are released:

Please enjoy!

Linebackers
We’ve finally arrived at the ISFL defensive stat hogs known as Linebackers. 
It’s a truly front-loaded class of Linebackers this season with 13 total prospects that includes four re-creates, one affiliate league new-create, and a number of star up and coming new-creates.  As mentioned in the Defensive Line article, the ISFL has traditionally lent itself to 3-4 schematic defenses due to the popularity of Linebackers.  However, with 19 Defensive Lineman prospects this season opposing just 13 Linebackers, the S41 class could indicate a changing of the guard in favor of 4-3 schemes in the near future.  And rightfully so!  We all know it’s the Defensive Line that paves the way for Linebackers to make the big plays!

But I digress, you’ve already heard enough about the S41 Defensive Line prospects already. Or if you haven’t, be sure to check the link below for that article. I assure you however, that what we have to say on Linebackers will have you forgetting all about that DLine superiority business I just mentioned. The Versatile and Pass Rusher archetypes dominate this season’s class, with just one Linebacker having opted to play the Coverage archetype.  Perhaps all those pre-draft Tight End signups scared away all the Coverage Linebackers.

Maximum-Earning
Loose Cannon - @Jumbo - LON
Versatile Linebacker
New-create, Big Bank, Graphics, Media, League Job
“The reason we’ve been avoiding the nitty-gritty of who has more TPE amongst max-earners is that it frankly doesn’t especially matter if one player has a bit more TPE than another if they both earn as much as they have available. Loose Cannon forces me to make an exception, as their 30(!!) TPE lead on the next-highest linebacker gives them a sizable and meaningful push to the top of the class. If that doesn’t do it, then a massive bank, an impressive graphics output, a league job, and even a couple media articles definitely will. Additionally, I understand Jumbo to have been a long-time SHL GM, so don’t be surprised if Loose Cannon is the first linebacker taken in the draft, likely in the first round.” - Jenni

“Jumbo has been rolling in the big bucks with a steady stream of graphics. I think they might just be the richest rookie in this class sitting at over $60M!  Oh and how could I forget!  Jumbo is also a WFC GM who I’ll be competing against this offseason! Looking at the pipelines, the Outlaws would be a solid bet considering star Linebacker Leonardo McTurtle will be hitting regression soon. However, I don’t expect Loose Cannon will be around by the time Arizona is on the clock.” - wizard_literal

John Stark VIII - @UptownCord - POR
Versatile Linebacker
New-create, GM, Big Bank, Media
“John Stark VIII was taken in the second round of the DSFL draft, 12th overall, which was by no means a low pick. Even still, UptownCord has proven to be a veritable draft steal, first joining the Head Office as an intern, then becoming the first rookie of the S41 class to take on a GM job. UptownCord easily qualifies for a first-round pick, and despite what I said earlier, could very well be taken as the top linebacker. Even 1st overall is not out of reach for this user.” - Jenni

“First of all Heck H.O.! Rookie standout UptownCord truly is The King of the North! Portland is in the North right?  Jokes aside, as Jenni mentioned UptownCord’s rapid ascent into a DSFL GM position all but guarantees this Linebacker will be at the top of every ISFL GMs draft board.  Perhaps fellow Linebacker and Sarasota GM Fronk has taken notice :eyes:?” - wizard_literal

Liath Squirrel - @LiathTheSquirrel - MIN
Pass Rusher
Re-create, Podcast, Big Bank, AUS, BAL
“LiathTheSquirrel is a long-time user who created her first player all the way back in 2019. None of her previous players have been top earners, with LB turned safety Gregor Macgregor capping out at 756 TPE. Since making Liath Squirrel, however, she’s really turned the earnings on, putting herself at the top of the TPE lists for this class. She is doing a podcast alongside nickyvmlp, and has plenty of money in the bank, so she should be a top linebacker candidate, though I expect her to be the last-drafted of the top-3 linebackers, becoming something of a steal in the process.” - Jenni

“I was able to dig up that Liath was actually a former GM for the Portland Pythons! I expect Liath to go high in the draft, but I’m not exactly knowledgeable on whether re-creates with proven league history are a hotter commodity than us foolish newcreates.  I’ll go ahead and go out on a limb here with a hot take and predict Liath is the first or second Linebacker off the board.” - wizard_literal

Moderate-Earning
DJ Maclean - @Urq660 - BBB
Pass Rusher
Re-create, SJS
“DJ Maclean is the first of our moderate-earning linebackers class. He is happily a member of Buccaneers, so I have been able to interact with urq660 a bit more than other users. He has good knowledge of the league and has been helpful in supplying a slightly more casual and relaxed perspective on things. Additionally, he earns 40,000 draft points from me for being Scottish, but sadly I must detract 60,000 draft points for being British. Apparently he had an enjoyable career with the Sabercats and would enjoy returning to them so look to see them pick him up in the early-middle rounds.” - Jenni

“Behind a solid track record in the league and an agreeable personality, Urq is sure to be an early pick and strong addition to any team.  I’m a bit low on bonus points so unfortunately I can only give 10 bonus points for having a cat avatar.  That still puts Urq in the red at -19990 bonus points.” - wizard_literal

Leo Stud - @Matlestud - POR
Pass Rusher
New-create
“Leo Stud, linebacker for the Pythons, has been earning TPE well but hasn’t done very much to earn any money, so they don’t have very much money in the bank as it stands. I imagine they’ll be a good pickup in the middle rounds regardless of their bank, but could be a great steal if they choose to start bulking up their bank.” - Jenni

“Early season DSFL sack stud Leo Stud has been a solid earner and important part of Portland’s stout front 7.  Jenni said it all. If they can pick up their bank earnings with a few media articles this offseason, this Linebacker is sure to have a bright future.” - wizard_literal

Rodney Rosadino - @jross - KCC
Versatile Linebacker
New-create
“jross recently made a Leprechauns vs DSFL team logos media that I thought was pretty funny. On top of that they are keeping their player (formerly a DE) fairly well-updated, so I expect a solid career from this user for the team that drafts them.” - Jenni

“An absolutely solid earner at Linebacker! jross did severely underestimated how powerful and mischievous Leprechauns are, but I’ll give them a pass on it because Deacon Moss is a killer player render choice” - wizard_literal

Ryan Knock - @nasbase - TIJ
Coverage Linebacker
New-create
“nasbase is a late-joiner waiver signing who hasn’t been earning very much money but has been earning a good deal of the available TPE. I believe this user is active in the PBE as well, but I’m not exactly sure how much that might mean to ISFL GMs. Either way this user makes for a safe late pick who has a good chance to produce.” - Jenni

“Tijuana’s defense is loaded with stars this season and Ryan Knock is quietly the centerpiece that’s holding the Luchadore Linebacker core together.  Being a PBE affiliate all but assures Knock will be able to claim the Point Task TPE on a weekly basis.  Any team that values an experienced user is sure to get a steal with nasbase.” - wizard_literal

Myrtle Beach Tolliver - @scorycory - BBB
Pass Rusher
Re-create, OCO
“I’m not listing scorycory as being inactive here, but only because they have been very present in the Bondi Beach locker room. It’s a welcome presence, to be clear, as they have a strong history in the league and are friendly to newer and veteran players alike. The lack of forum activity says that they are likely going to stick around for the community rather than for their player. In that sense they will likely be a late-round pick who will be a boon to a locker room, less-so to a roster.” - Jenni

“Not everybody needs to be a max-earner to have fun in the league. Scorycory was honest in their late joiner prompts about being unsure they’ll have what it takes to earn consistently.  That likely hurts their draft stock but it’s good they’ve set expectations for themself!” - wizard_literal 

King Dedede - @ScrambledEggs - MIN
Versatile Linebacker
New-create
“This waiver-wire pickup has done just enough tasks and such to earn enough TPE for me to rank them as moderate-earning rather than low-earning. They play for Minnesota, so I’m going to arbitrarily mock them to New Orleans.” - Jenni

“ScrambledEggs has had a substantially strong start for being a late joiner. Could be a certified draft steal if they keep it up.” wizard_literal

Terry Johnson - @Gumbaman - NOR
Versatile Linebacker
Re-create, HON
“I initially had Terry Johnson as low-earning, but as it turns out they are a waiver-wire recreate who had to take a moment to catch up. As it stands the user Gumbaman has been earning well, and they have a history in their previous player (who earned up to 685 TPE) with the Hahalua. They’ve made a few episodes of a podcast a few years ago, but it remains to be seen if they will come back with the same kind of activity.” - Jenni

“Jenni said it all. A bit late to the game this season, but as a recreate with a stable track record of earning, Gumbaman has nothing to prove.” wizard_literal

Low-Earning
Bigton Hammer - @BrontBront - MIN
Versatile Linebacker
New-create
“Bigton Hammer has been classified as low-earning here, but has nevertheless been active in the forums and Discord. Their main weakness seems to be their aversion to doing weekly predictions, which I believe GMs will see as easily addressable, so this player may be picked a little bit earlier than their TPE may suggest. They also made a podcast with @FireworkFuse, though I’m not able to listen to it.” - Jenni

“Bonus points to BrontBront for having a forum avatar and signature.  They clearly have a technical handle on the forums but as Jenni said completing weekly predictions would be a big boost for the Bigton Hammer.” - wizard_literal

Albert Einstein - @StormClark - MIN
Versatile Linebacker
New-create
“A look at StormClark’s post history reveals that they have actually done a great number of point tasks, but even though they have updated their player every week, they haven’t submitted most of their earnings! Hopefully they can address that before the end of the season, and GMs can see that they are actually participating enough to warrant a solid pick.” - Jenni

“This is a strange one, I can’t reason why they haven’t updated but have stayed active on the forums.” - wizard_literal

Minimum-Earning
Spooky Diddler III - @tuddus - TIJ
Pass Rusher
New-create, Inactive
“Frankly, I’m not sure I want a spooky diddler in the league, so if any linebacker has to be inactive, I’m glad it's this one.” - Jenni

“Generic hype up fellow Tijuana teammate comment.  Definitely a bit of an off-putting name.” - wizard_literal

Aleksander Reznikov - @Hemmlock - DAL
Pass Rusher
New-create
“This user is not quite inactive, but they haven’t done anything other than an activity check for the past couple weeks. It's possible that this user will come back sometime after being drafted and start to earn more TPE, but for now they haven’t done very much at all and will probably be drafted towards the end. That being said I do like the username Hemmlock” - Jenni

Code:
Please award this article 50/50 for aeonsjenni and wizard_literal

RE: From the Offices of Mouse and Wizard: A S41 Draft Prospect Analysis - marccelaat - 03-18-2023

rip craig brand

RE: From the Offices of Mouse and Wizard: A S41 Draft Prospect Analysis - wizard_literal - 03-18-2023

(03-18-2023, 05:35 PM)marccelaat Wrote: rip craig brand

Craig Brand Cornered us with our Backs to a wall and demanded we remove him from the Linebacker groupings.

RE: From the Offices of Mouse and Wizard: A S41 Draft Prospect Analysis - ElMerchanto - 03-18-2023

I'll still be an LB until end of season it turns out, but I will be entering the draft as a CB Smile

RE: From the Offices of Mouse and Wizard: A S41 Draft Prospect Analysis - Jumbo - 03-19-2023

LBs strong